Sunday, April 24, 2016

Peer Review for Emily Bond (13b)

            This blog post will discuss aspects of a peer review I preformed for a student in another section. The peer review should aid in the editing process of her fine cut.

    1.     I peer reviewed Emily Bond’s “Revised Post to Peer Reviewers” (i.e. fine cut)

     2.     I decided to make a re-design recommendation for Emily’s fine cut. I discussed genre conventions and how they could be more effectively used.

     3.     There are a few ways that I helped make Emily’s QRG better. For one, I suggested changing her use of a crucial aspect of a QRG: hyperlinks. It was not evident that she full understood the purpose of hyperlinks. These should provide a deeper discussion on whatever idea is addressed. Instead, some of the links were merely general websites (like Walmart). I suggested creating hyperlinks that were     more relevant to the subject. I also suggested decreasing the amount of direct quotes that she had. This would add to the overall effectiveness of the conventions of a QRG. I also recommended putting listed information into something like bullet points. This would help her QRG appear more visually friendly.

    4.     I suggested incorporating bulleted lists into Emily’s QRG. The idea of bulleted lists is present on page 233 from the Student’s Guide.  The lists provide quick and easy information to the audience. The idea of easy accessibility is consistent with the typical conventions of a QRG.


     5.     Something that I truly admired about Emily’s QRG is the formatting of it. The project is very well put together, and there aren’t any out-of-place large white spaces. I know that this is especially difficult when working with images. This has inspired me to make the appearance of my QRG a little bit more clean/polished.

No comments:

Post a Comment