Sunday, April 24, 2016

Peer Review for Gabby Dietrich (13a)

     This blog post will contain information regarding a peer review that I preformed (in my section). I will examine genre conventions from the student’s fine cut.

     1.     I peer reviewed Gabby Dietrich’s “Revised Post to Peer Reviewers” (i.e. the final cut).

    2.     For this peer review, I decided to make a re-design recommendation. This involved analyzing how should change/improve her genre conventions.

    3.     There are a few suggestions that I made to Gabby in order to help improve her work. I suggested changing one of the genre conventions that she employed in her video essay. She used dozens of images. While this is indeed quite visual, it seemed more like a podcast with images than it did a video essay. So, I suggested incorporating video clips into her project. I think that would help her audience visual the issue at hand. I also suggesting eliminating a quote that scrolled like Star War’s introductions do. I believe this took away from the over all seriousness of the essay (as the viewer would associate Star Wars with the video essay).

    4.     As from the Student’s Guide, my suggestion of incorporating video clips into Gabby’s essay is in line with the conventions described on page 235. This page describes multiple conventions of a video essay. One of these was the input of movie (i.e. video) into the video essay.


     5.     One this that I admired about her work was how well the auditory portion of the video essay flowed. Gabby spoke at a consistent pace and pronounced all words clearly. This has inspired me to plan out the auditory section of my video essay (almost entirely) in order to insure fluency.

No comments:

Post a Comment