Saturday, April 9, 2016

Production Report

            This blog post will analyze the raw content from my rough draft. I will discuss how the process went and any challenges that I faced.
Outline item (This is not my original outline as I have changed my topic. The following is something I made for the purpose of making my draft easier to construct):
Opening
·      The SAT is something that everyone has to take
·      It is required for admissions into colleges everywhere in the country
·      College Board changed the test
·      Most courses we take in high school are useless
·      The new SAT focuses on math and reading (writing is optional)
·      No vocab section, optional essay, trigonometry, no penalty for guessing
Adaptation of Outline item
We all dread it. We’ve all had to take it. We all depend on it. While some may call it a necessary evil, the College Board calls it the SAT.
            If you thought the original was bad, wait until you hear this. There’s a new one! Oh yes, you heard that right. A new way to crush the souls of high school students all across the country.
What’s new?
         The test, as a whole, is meant to better reflect what was learned in high school. Not the history, art, drama, physics, chemistry, or economics that you took, just the math, reading, and writing.
         Here is the grandiose list of changes that can be seen on the new SAT:
·      No more erroneous vocab
·      The essay is optional
·      It doesn’t hurt to guess
·      No need to remember Pythagoras
·      Make sure you remember who SOHCAHTOA was

       1.     I made sure to make everything short and sweet. I first made sure that I related the subject to the audience. I also made short paragraphs with easy to read information. This information was clear and concise. As far as genre conventions go, a typical QRG has short and easy-to-read information. So, I decided to make my sentences short and to the point. This allows for me to convey the content in a way that is easy to understand. I also made sure to include hyperlinks that expanded more on a topic that I merely touched on. This is, again, typical formatting for a QRG.
        2.     Production was quite slow at first. It was rather difficult to gather my ideas all at once because I had changed my topic. Not only this, but I am not very familiar with the formatting of a QRG. So, I tried to compress my thoughts into a short and easy-to-read structure. As far as challenges go, I struggled with the formatting of a QRG for a solid 45 minutes. I kept having to go back and rewrite what had already been said. But, I eventually got the hang of it.

As far as successes go, I believe I was very successful in sticking to the format of a QRG. In the beginning, this was actually one of my biggest concerns. However, a little into the writing process I seemed to get that hang of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment