Saturday, April 16, 2016

Peer Review for Marvin Chaires (12a)

            This blog post will contain the peer review for a student in my class. It will analyze things they could work on, and something that I could learn from the student.
   1.     I peer reviewed Marvin Chaires’s content outline.

    2.     I decided to make an outline suggestion for my peer review. I analyzed the development level of his outline, the rhetorical situation, and the specificity of the evidence.

    3.     I made Marvin’s outline better by suggesting things he could work on. For starters, I recommended developing his outline more thoroughly. I suggested creating an outline that will describe how he’ll go about developing his argument on the wages in women’s soccer. I also recommended adding pathos into his outline in order to create a stronger argument. Logos would also help him explain why it is unfair that women are paid less. Marvin’s incorporation of evidence was weak. I suggested citing specific pieces of evidence so that not only will the audience will better understand his claim, but so will he.

     4.     While I was describing things that Marvin did well, I talked about how he analyzed various angles to this one controversy. Marvin didn’t just claim that women were paid unjustly, but he explained how the revenue and attention received affects the amount that the athletes make. I stated how the various aspects of the controversy seemed to have been brainstormed. This clearly demonstrates the use of an idea map (as can be seen on page 45). The idea of unfair pay would be the center of the map, and the other aspects (attention, total revenue, etc.) were branches of the map.


     5.     One thing I could learn from Marvin’s outline is his discussion of various angles that apply to one controversy. This allows for original arguments to be made. Original stances are often difficult to come by, especially in the field of unequal pay. This has inspired me to think differently about how I should approach my argument.

No comments:

Post a Comment