Sunday, April 24, 2016

Reflection On Local Revision Process

      This blog post will discuss this past week’s process work. I will explain things that went right and some challenges that I faced. I will then discuss how I’m feeling about the project as a whole.

     1.     One success during this past week was the editing process. Because of the peer reviews preformed on my project, I understood what I should keep and what I should consider revising. This helped my editing process immensely. Another success during this past week was research for my QRG. My rough draft still needed a few more images and sources of evidence. Because my topic is fairly controversial, it was easy to find the discussions that targeted a specific claim of mine (such as the comment from the College Confidential website).
     2.     One challenge during this week was the comparison of my rough draft to the fine cut. That’s because most of the sections only changed by titles and re-wording. For instance, I changed my subheadings to fit the style of a QRG a little better. However, the process of analyzing the differences and how this contributed to form and content really helped me understand my paper a little bit more. Another challenge was the editing process. Now, I said earlier that editing was actually a success. The editing of the content went fairly smoothly. However, the general editing of the QRG was quite difficult. For instance, the addition of an image often distorts the entire paper. It was difficult to delete any white space in between text and images.
     3.     I think next week will be interesting. The reason I say that is because the final project is, if I understand it correctly, an accumulation of all of the previous projects. Now, the only genre I have left is a video essay. While I have edited video before, I’m not too proficient at it. It may also be difficult to come up with ideas as to how to format the video. I am somewhat excited to move on to the next project, but I think I liked this one the most out of all of them. That is mostly because of the genre and subject it was written in.

      4.     At this point, my QRG is all put together. I only have a few tweaks and edits to make before the submission into d2l. With that being said, I feel pretty great about this project. In fact, I probably feel the best about this project over all of the others. As I was saying before, I enjoyed writing this QRG. I think that the style of my writing really fits that of a QRG the best (even though I’ve never written one before). I have also always been interested in standardized testing and how they impact students across the nation. I believe this level of interest has fueled the “pretty great” feeling about this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment