Saturday, April 9, 2016

Peer Review for Marisa Kubacki

            This blog post will contain a hyperlink to the individual that I peer reviewed. It will also analyze how I made her work better and what I can learn from it.
   1.     I peer reviewed Marisa Kubacki’s Content Outline.
    2.     I decided to make an outline suggestion for her peer review. I described Marisa’s level of detail and a few things that she could work on.
     3.     There are a few ways that I helped Marisa’s outline with my feedback. For one, I suggested reconsidering the credibility of her sources. While her sources may have proved the counter argument, information that comes from a nameless person’s blog decreases the validity of the statements significantly. I also suggested making her topic narrower. In accordance with project 3, the publication is supposed to be about a specific event or law that induced controversy. Since hers is just about mental illness in general, I suggested narrowing the it to a more specific topic. The last suggestion I made to help her outline was to modify her explanation of why the personal story was important. PS definitely apply pathos and are very important for this project, but it doesn’t improve the validity of a statement. In fact, it decreases it. With that being said, I suggested modifying her explanation so as not to incorrectly justify something.
     4.     I discussed an idea from the Student’s Guide that may help narrow her topic. I suggested brainstorming ideas (or an idea map from page 32) to help narrow her topic. For instance, the most general idea (i.e. mental illness) would be the center of the map. It could then branch off into specific mental illnesses (such as depression, bi-polar disorder, etc.). This would help Marisa better fulfill the specific requirements of Project 3.

      5.     There are certainly a few things that I could learn from Marisa’s outline. Perhaps the thing that I admire about her work the most is her level of development. She is very detailed in each of her claims. Marisa also makes sure to thoroughly analyze each piece of evidence and tie that back into her argument. This is especially something that I can learn from because I seem to have trouble tying the evidence to my claim.

No comments:

Post a Comment