Saturday, April 9, 2016

Reflection on Project 3 Production

This blog post will reflect on both the successes and troubles I had in creating the rough draft of my QRG. I will also predict how post-production week will go based on this week’s work.
     1.     There were a few things that went well during the creation of my rough draft. For one, I believe my use of language followed that of a QRG quite well. The reason why it was so easy for me to write in creative conversational syntax is because I tend to think that way. QRGs have this word choice that isn’t necessarily colloquial. While it seems like everyday language, quick reference guides put a creative spin on their words. For instance, my word choice in the opening section, “A new way to crush the souls…” exemplifies the type of a language that a typical QRG uses. Another thing that went well was my use of hyperlinks. I believe the amount of hyperlinks I used correctly mirrors that of a typical QRG. Not only numerically, but also content wise. I used hyperlinks so that they would explain the content that I just introduced. An example of this can be seen in the introduction of my QRG.
     2.     One challenge during the creation of my QRG was the QRG itself. It was rather difficult for me to find a way to incorporate the conventions of a QRG because I have never written in the genre before. For instance, I wasn’t too sure how to close my QRG. I tried to wrap things up in a creative way, but I’m not sure it was effective. Another challenge that came with the conventions of a QRG was the inclusion of media. I wasn’t exactly sure how to effectively use images to aid in my argument. For instance, the I am not sure if I sure have talked about the SAT question I included, or if I should just insert it in hopes the audience will interpret its meaning.
     3.     I think next week will go smoother than this week did. I think I really just need to understand the format of a QRG a little better and the editing process will go smoothly. In addition to this, I also need to research how content should be presented in a QRG. I was quite lost this week when it came to how I should include my argument in a non-traditional way. Overall, I think the editing of the QRG will be easy once I fully understand what a QRG should include.

      4.     I am actually feeling pretty great about this project (perhaps the best I’ve felt). And I think it’s because of both the topic and the genre. Don’t get me wrong, I love learning about new advances in medicine and genres in my field, but the genre I was publishing in was time very time consuming (an essay and a podcast). The thing about this project is that I have always loved learning about standardized testing and the benefits/downfalls that they have on society. I have also loved learning how to (at least somewhat) write in a QRG format.

No comments:

Post a Comment