Sunday, April 3, 2016

Peer Review for Fern (10b)

            This blog post will contain the information of the second individual that I peer reviewed for Project 3. This will analyze various aspects of my comment I posted on their blog.
1.     I peer reviewed Fern’s Research Report
2.     I decided to make a research recommendation for my activity. I made sure to analyze all aspects of his sources.
3.     I believe I helped Fern in a few ways. I suggested quite a few things to change. For one, I suggested varying the content that the sources provide. Each source listed seems to provide the same information, just by a different author. Two, I suggested explaining the audience of his sources more thoroughly. He kept describing them as geek culture, and provided no explanation beyond that. Quite frankly, I don’t even know what geek culture implies.
Three, I suggested changing how he describes the credibility of his sources. I understand that not all sources are going to be super credible (especially in a gaming topic), but his anylization is sparse and lacks depth. I suggested diving deeper into the explanation of every source’s credibility.
4.     I incorporated information from the “Consider Your Character and Credibility” section of the student guide on page 228. I discussed how he needed to establish his credibility by explaining them in more depth. I talked about how he needed to work on the explanation of his sources. His explanations right now show little understanding of what a credible sources entails. This translates to a lack off credibility for himself.

5.     There was one thing that I admired about his work. I enjoyed how he was very straightforward in his description of the credibility of the author. On a few he simply told the audience that the source wasn’t credible. I was scared to do that in my sources in fear of losing points for not being credible.

No comments:

Post a Comment