Friday, April 22, 2016

Editorial Report 13a

       The following blog post will discuss changes I made between my rough cut and fine cut. This post will discuss changes I made to the content and form of my QRG. I will then talk about how the information is being communicated more effectively.
Rough Cut
We all dread it. We’ve all had to take it. We all depend on it. While some may call it a necessary evil, the College Board calls it the SAT.
If you didn’t like the old one, you may want to close your ears. Because guess what? There’s a new one! Oh yes, you heard that right. Anew way to crush the souls of high school students all across the country.
Re-edited Selection
We all dread it. We’ve all had to take it. We all depend on it. While some may call it a necessary evil, the College Board calls it the SAT.
Yes, I was a high school student once. I remember spending hours memorizing equations and studying tips and tricks. I remember staring at my ceiling five hours before the test wondering if my mind would ever let me go to sleep.
The five hours of sleep and bowl of Cheerios™ I had got me accepted into various colleges, including the Honors College at The University of Arizona.
If you didn’t like the “life-determiner” before, you may want to close your ears. Because guess what? There’s a new one. A new way to crush the souls of high school students all across the country.

        1.     There were a few things that changed about the content of this section. For one, I added personal references into my introduction. These personal references help establish credibility as the author of the piece. The content is being communicated more effectively in the re-edited version because it contains a personal story/reference. This helps the audience relate to the topic with more ease. The credibility that I created helps the audience be more engaged in my paper. Thus, the information will be conveyed more effectively. Another way the content changed is that I added references to the college that I attend. This helps further establish my credibility as an author (as I attend a university and am in the ‘prestigious’ Honors College). The content is being communicated more effectively because not only can my audience relate to me, but they can also trust what I have to say is valid. This will increase their engagement and thus my communication effectiveness.


      2.     One way that the form of my QRG changed is through the inclusion of the trademark symbol. This trademark symbol is included on the name of a cereal known as Honey Nut Cheerios (Cheerios for short). This makes my QRG appear to be more of a credible or reliable source (as I am referencing a very well known brand). The form presents the content more effectively because it adds credibility to my QRG. The trademark symbol draws attention to the paper, thus making the audience more engaged with the content. This translates to the content being communicated more effectively. Another form change can be seen in the consistent use of I and quotations. These add to the credibility of myself as an author. The use of I and quotations makes the paper seem more relatable and personable. This draws more attention to the paper, thus communicating the content more effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment