Sunday, April 3, 2016

Peer Review for Alex McCarthy (10a)

  This is a peer review of one of my fellow classmate's rhetorical analyses. I commented on what

Alex did well and some things that he could work on.

1.     The “Rhetorical Analysis of Project 3” was done by Alexander McCarthy.

2.     I chose to make a brainstorming suggestion for Alex’s rhetorical analysis. This included making suggestions about his understanding of Project 3 and the level of detail that he provided.

3.     I made suggestions about how I thought he could improve the detail of his rhetorical analysis. For one, I suggested describing what the F35 program is. This is for two reasons. For one, this will help the audience understand every aspect of his blog post better, and will be able to give him more thorough feedback. And two, because writing a description of the program out may give him insight as to new positions/angles that he could take.

The other thing that I suggested doing was explaining (in greater detail) where he came from. For instance, he stated that his father was in the air force and that his brother had similar interests, but never explained anything beyond that. I recommended describing his family background in more depth so that he understands any bias he has towards the subject in more depth. He also mentioned how people in economics professions may see this program as bad. I asked how his family’s social status could have influenced the way he sees the program.

4.     I incorporated the asking key questions section of A Student’s Guide to First Year Writing (on page 46). I made sure suggest that he needed to analyze the “Who” section of these questions in order to develop/realize any bias he may have towards the subject.


5.     One thing that I admired from Alex’s analysis is how detailed his explanation of the purpose section of the post is. This paints a very clear picture as to how he wants the audience to be affected by this argument. This made me realize that I should develop my purpose more thoroughly in order for me to better understand what I want out of the argument.

No comments:

Post a Comment