Saturday, April 9, 2016

Peer Review for Jackson Starmer

            This blog post will contain information about a peer review I preformed for Jackson. It will include information containing what he did well, and some things he needs to work on.

I decided to peer review Jackson Starmer’s Content Outline.
      1.     I chose to make an outline suggestion for the peer review on Jackson’s outline. This included information describing his level of development in respect to his outline.
     2.     I believe I improved Jackson’s work with my feedback in a few ways. For one, I made suggestions about explaining the topic itself in further detail. Most people may not know what a fast skin is, so it would be beneficial to explain it. I also suggested including exact sources in his outline. This will help both him and the reader understand exactly what he is referencing. I also suggested incorporating more emotion into his argument in order to persuade the audience more effectively.
      3.     I included information about the rhetorical information on pages 40-41 from the Student’s Guide into my feedback. For instance, I talked about how this topic provides to a broad range of audiences. People all across the country have children who have swam before or currently swim. With that being said, Jackson must make sure to explain his topic in relation to the audience. Because if the audience doesn’t understand the topic, they are going to loose interest very quickly.

      4.     One thing I could work on is the level of detail in his outline. All throughout the outline, he kept referencing different aspects if the event and continued on to explain them in a way that formed his argument. Through Jackson, I can learn to better incorporate my evidence into my argument.

No comments:

Post a Comment