Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Peer Review 1

I peer reviewed James Fusaro. This is the rubric that I used to evaluate his paper. 
The review of my classmate's draft made me realize that I certainly have a lot of work to do. The biggest thing that I need to work on is my stakeholders. I took it a little too literally when it said to describe what they're like. I also need to make sure that I include information about the setting of the story and how it impacts the story. I need to make sure I include relevant current events as well. 

D, Pete. "Draft Essay" 07/31/06 via flickr
All rights reserved
            Perhaps the most impactful mistake made in the draft was the "surface-level" explanation of the stakeholders. I need to make sure I explain the stakeholders so well that they know them just as much as I do. The second thing I need to make sure that I do is to include all of the stakeholders. My peer seemed to only generalize the people involved. There seemed to be many more then was stated. I also need to make sure my audience understands why these stakeholders are involved. 
I thoroughly enjoyed how informative the piece was. It included all of the major events of the story and the results of them. One thing I need to work on in my own draft is explaining the impact in more detail. For instance, what groups were created from this controversy? 
Another thing they did well was follow the conventions of a QRG. My project is in essay format but I believe that the formatting may be slightly off. I need to be more formal in my voice and choose my style more effectively. 


No comments:

Post a Comment