Sunday, March 27, 2016

Relection on Project 2

This blog post will go over the successes and difficulties that I had with this production week.
1.     I believe that I was very successful in containing and editing the content that I began with. The added time of all of the audio before editing was about 26 minutes. I got it down to about 15 minutes with the deletion of several unnecessary portions of my podcast.
   Another thing that went right was the implementation of additional audio segments from different time frames. For instance, importing the audio segment from my interview with Dr. Pagel provided a nice section to my podcast.

2.      There were quite a few things that went wrong this week. For one, my computer wasn’t recognizing the audio files from my phone in Garage Band. With that being side, I had to edit all of the content in iMovie. It was also very difficult to delete any audio segment where I messed up just a little bit because the deletion of that section would cut out an enire word.
It was also hard to figure out how to include smooth transtiitons in to the podcast because I felt like the podcast was fine by itself. However, the trasntitions definitely ended up helping.
3.     I think that next week will go great. It is going to be a new project with a new genre and new content. It can certainly get tedious working with the same content over and over again.

4.     I feel good about this project. The only thing that im worried about is the amount of awkward pasues in my podcast. I am also worried about the conventions that I used in an attempt to formulate it like a podcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment