Sunday, March 27, 2016

Editorial Report A

The content of this blog post will be about the differences and changes between the rough draft of my rough and final draft.
1.     The content of the closing section of my final draft changed significantly from my rough draft. I introduced a few examples in to my rough draft about why knowing the purpose of your publication is important and it didn’t seem to be relevant at all. I cut that section out completely in order to make more room for the content preceding it.
 I also took out the unnecessary language that seemed to be leading no where (as in about 10:00 to 10:10). This increased the amount of time that I had for other sections of the podcast.
The content is now being communicated more effectively because the content is more concise. This provides a more direct form of communication that will get my point across more effectively. The rambling that occurred in my podcast may have distracted people from the point that I was trying to make.
From 8:20 to 10:20 (rough draft): https://soundcloud.com/benjabunny/claim-3
From 14:14 to 15:06 (final): https://soundcloud.com/benjabunny/bme-933-fm
1.     The format of my final draft was also a lot different from my rough draft. For one, I made sure to take out the pauses and reduce the volume of the portions where the microphone was muffled. I also added a recording in order to provide a smoother transition into my discussing why it’s important to understand the genre that you’re writing in. I also took out sections where I rambled in order to make the information clearer.

All of this makes the presentation of the content clearer. Without pauses, loud sounds, smooth transitions, it is easier to pay attention to the content of the podcast rather than the random noises that appear.

No comments:

Post a Comment