Monday, March 7, 2016

Reflection on Pre-Production

           This blog post will discuss the success and failures of this past week’s blog work. It is very beneficial to reflect on these because it makes you realize what you should keep doing and what you should work on. This is also key in the editing process.
                   1.  I was fairly successful in creating an overall schedule for my production process. For instance, I spaced the project out so that I was doing about 1.5 hours of work a day. That way the work wasn’t all jumbled into one day which would most likely lead to a worse product. I was also successful in providing ways of creating an intriguing introduction. All of the ideas were applicable to the podcast, yet would engage the audience so that they were involved the whole time. I believe I was also successful in defining the genres by explaining each of their conventions in depth (such as explaining each aspect of the rhetorical situation and strategy).
                  2.     There were a few challenges in this week’s work. For one, explaining the differences between each of the genres was fairly difficult. This is because they are so similar. They are all very scientific with barely any variation in style or syntax. For instance, the difference between an image guide and an image report was hard to explain because the conventions were similar. I also had trouble relating the publication to the specific genre because I was unsure as to whether I should cite it directly or only discuss its conventions (I went with the latter). I was also unsure on the type of evidence that we were supposed to provide. Another thing that went wrong was that I had trouble not repeating myself when it came to the two pieces of evidence.
                  3.  I think next will go a lot smoother than this past week. This is because I spent quite a bit of time just trying to figure out what I was supposed to right about. Now that I have an outline for my project, it will be a lot easier to piece the podcast together. The schedule will also help keep me on track and eliminate procrastination. However, there will certainly be some challenges. Such as trying to incorporate the conventions of a podcast while attempting to display the conventions of a scientific report.

                 4. I am feeling way more relaxed than I was a week ago. I know the general outline of my project and I know when I should do it. The outline and schedule process has really helped me feel good about project 2. I was ill-prepared for the first project because I was scrambling to get all of the blog posts done while trying to write a college essay. All in all, I feel decent about project 2 and more relaxed than I have in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment