Saturday, March 12, 2016

Reflection on my rough draft

This blog post will discuss the successes and failures of production week. It will also describe how I am feeling about the whole project itself.
1.     I believe the main success of my rough draft to have been following the conventions of the podcast. I often had pauses in my conversational style (as podcasts often do). I inserted a clip of audio form an interview with an individual in the field. Dr. Pagel explained his take on what a scientific essay looks like.
I also introduced myself and what the segment of this podcast would be. I concluded by thanking the audience and all of the contributors to the podcast.
I also believe that I was successful in creating the content to applicable to a wide range of audiences. I did this by thoroughly explaining each of the conventions and what they mean. I believe this would help the audience better understand the matter at hand.
2.     There were quite a few challenges in the rough draft of this podcast. For one, it was very difficult to formulate ideas on the spot in a coherent way. As you can see with my raw content for the introduction, there were lots of random phrases and words that didn’t quite make sense.
Another challenge that I encountered was with the content choice. For instance, with the first main idea, I struggled coming up with what I should talk about. I also wasn’t sure if I should have included examples of the evidence directly.
Perhaps the last large challenge was repetition of ideas and phrases. It was difficult to remember (on the spot) if I had stated an idea or if I had explained it clearly enough, so I repeated it to make sure I got my point across. This was present in the second genre discussed in the podcast.
3.     I feel like next week is going to be some work. However, I don’t necessarily mean difficult work. I just have a lot of editing that I will have to do. I believe that all of my content is there, it’s just a matter of finding that content. In that sense, next week will be easy, just a lot to do. I believe the bulk of my project is now finished.

4.     I am feeling much better about the project as a whole. This is because the outline and rough draft of the project are now complete. This means that all of the content is there, it’s just a matter of editing and revising. I was pretty nervous about the project when the interviews came along, however I progressively got more comfortable as I completed the project in steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment