Sunday, March 27, 2016

Editorial Report B


https://soundcloud.com/benjabunny/bme-933-fm (0:00- 1:35) https://soundcloud.com/benjabunny/opening-section (0:00- 2:00)
1. In the rough cut, I jumped into the content too fast before giving a decent introduction. This made the podcast seem rushed and gave the content less importance. Also, I talked about the content of an interview without providing the audio for that which was kind of confusing, especially when trying to make a claim about the style of the genre. In some ways I was just repeating what was said in the interview which didn’t make the claim any stronger. So, in the re- edited version, I presented a question to guide the content of the podcast and end up answering. I gave a more detailed and thought provoking introduction to the subject. When I began talking about the core content of the podcast, I gave the evidence, included the interview audio, and analyzed the claim further, while being sure not to be too repetitive.
2. I didn’t put much thought into the form of the rough cut. All of the content was just mashed all together and it didn’t flow nicely. In the edited version, I put sound clips in to work as transitions so that the content was more organized and ultimately engaged the audience. There were some times when I would stumble on words or my lack of editing skills failed that I tried to fix in the final version so that the mistakes wouldn’t be distracting from what I was saying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment